To all Kubix Festival Customers
Coronavirus Statement Posted 24th April 2020
In light of the ongoing uncertainty and concern surrounding the Coronavirus Pandemic we have been working very hard to look at all the sensible options for Kubix Festival this year, and as a result, the decision has been taken to reschedule Kubix Festival to 2021 on the weekend of 2nd and 3rd July 2021.
We haven't taken the decision lightly but as a small team of local promoters bringing fantastic live music to the North East, at the best-value prices there are for the last 8 years, we have done everything in our power to ensure Kubix will be here for many years to come and give something back to all you live music lovers.
Firstly, ALL tickets will be valid for 2021 and in light of us asking you to support Kubix and the live music industry in general, by please keeping your tickets for next year, we have taken the unprecedented step of repaying that loyalty back to you all. EVERY Kubix ticket-holder who purchased a ticket up to today's date and keeps their ticket for 2021 will be entitled to £10 of drinks vouchers per Adult ticket - nearly half the value of a one day Adult ticket, and a £5 drinks voucher per Under 16s ticket. This is a genuine gesture from the Kubix Festival team, in conjunction with our good friends, Barserve, festival bar specialists who will be running a superb, bigger and better set of bar facilities next year. We are making this gesture that we hope will demonstrate our loyalty to you all and desire to see Kubix grow and become an established event on the North-East music calendar.
When you present your ticket at the entrance gate next year, you will automatically be given your free drinks vouchers on entry, to spend on drinks as you wish. There are no hidden catches, the vouchers can be used for anything sold at the bars in any combination and all drinks prices will be as competitive as ever. We want to keep great live music in the North East and with your support in keeping your tickets for next year, we want to repay that with your first £10 of drinks - on us! We will all need a good party by then, after such difficult times.
Secondly, we will be donating 1,000 free tickets for the Friday and Saturday next year, to local NHS Charities to use. We have to say thank you to our wonderful NHS, care services and other front-line workers for their incredible work, not just during this crisis but all year round.
We are working with all the bands, as we speak, to invite them ALL back next year and there will also be a few new extra surprise additions, all announced over the next few months.
We are now faced with huge challenges that no one could have foreseen. These are unprecedented times for us all, and as a local festival business we reinvest in our events each year, to make them bigger and better. The pandemic crisis has made it incredibly difficult, so in order to support the whole live music industry and ensure the festival will still be here for many years to come, we ask if you could kindly keep your tickets to use in 2021, have some free drinks on us and we'll have a very special weekend together next year, better than ever.
Stay safe and well and we'll see you there.
Kubix team x
Covid-19 - Coronavirus Posted 12th March 2020
The ongoing concern regarding Covid-19 and Coronavirus are, correctly, in everyone’s minds at present. With this in mind, we have decided to explain our current approach and the consideration given to it.
Since the early stages of the progression of the virus within the UK, we have been in regular contact with appropriate expert bodies and sought out all current professional advice to determine an appropriate, safe and considered response to ongoing concerns.
At this time, and after due consideration of advice from the UK’s Deputy Chief Medical Officer which stated that “[since] the virus will not survive very long outside, many outdoor events, particularly, are relatively safe”, we have decided that the Festival will proceed as planned, with suitable measures and steps undertaken to provide suitable assistance to our customers in maintaining suitable hygiene, sanitation and public health steps.
There are 2 immediate concerns expressed by customers that we wish to address at this time and provide definite reassurance to our valued supporters:
- The Festival will proceed as planned without cancellation and, in as far as is within our control on the original date, though it goes without saying that should government and scientific advice change and the date were to become unsuitable for a public gathering, the Festival will run with the shortest possible postponement. Postponement will only be if government advice, contrary to its current position, is to suggest that it would be unsafe on its current date and [postponement] would then be for the shortest time possible before the Festival takes place.
- In the event that any of our customers are unable to attend the Festival due to self-isolation as a result of infection or possible infection, we will honour that same ticket to the next Festival without any further costs or fees. We hope our customers appreciate that this is a major step not replicated by many other festivals and is indicative of our wish to stand by our customers through this time, as we hope they stand by us.
Public Health England have been very clear in their message that improved personal hygiene, awareness of symptoms and self-isolation for those affected are the primary steps on which the UK’s response will focus. To support this and assist our customers, we are already committed and have begun work toward the following:
- A substantial up-scaling of hygiene facilities available at the festival including hand sanitising points and hand washing stations;
- Provision of ample signage and other information distribution in the run up to and at the Festival highlighting all public information, symptom awareness and “What to do” briefings to assist our customers in supporting our efforts to produce a safe event in line with national approaches to managing the ongoing public health concern;
- A significant increase in the quantity of toilets, showers and other welfare facilities available;
- Deployment of a dedicated team who will collectively clean, maintain and sanitise toilet, shower and other washing facilities 24/7 throughout the Festival;
- A full appraisal of the current environment will be carried out by our Festival’s dedicated Medical Team who will implement such additional measures as are recommended in light of the ongoing outbreak to suitable manage any persons who may become unwell. Our consideration in respect of medical services provided remains as it always has been – we aim to ensure that our customers have quicker and easier access to medical services at our festivals than they would in their home. That objective will remain the case moving forward and we will fully commit to all suitable steps and investment to maintain it;
- We are working actively to take sensible steps to increase the size of our event spaces and Arena, with a view to allow persons more room and decreasing close contact within the Festival.
We would like to summarise this announcement and re-iterate the following:
- We are firmly committed to ensuring that the Festival takes place on its planned date, in a safe manner and with all suitable consideration and investment undertaken to place customer welfare as an uninterrupted priority;
- Should public health advice change from its current guidance that outdoor events remain safe, we will consider postponement of the Festival to such a time that no risk is posed in this respect;
- Even in the event that you are unable to attend the festival as a result of infection, we will voluntarily honour your ticket for the next Festival at no cost to you;
We hope you appreciate our efforts and the steps we are taking to manage the Festival safely and sensibly; we certainly appreciate your ongoing support.
See you at the show